Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is some person in the Tampa Bay area with a 2005 GTO, had it painted purple and had the stock rims chromed. I saw this thing sitting in the parking lot at the international mall by TIA. Anyone here want to claim ownership of that car?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CrabhartLSX said:
I believe purple is an optioned color. Was it not the OEM purple?
I never knew you could get purple. I never saw it before on any other GTO, its not in my GTO glossy brochure, and its not on thier website. Any other color you can get that is not listed? How would anybody know that you can get colors other than what they list as available?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
For 2004, there was an option called Cosmo Purple, and you could even get it with a purple interior. Apparently it didn't sell very well--I imagine 04's with purple interiors will be pretty rare.

It was dropped for 05 though.

(Please correct if I'm wrong.)

//edit: S2Gordon typed up a similar thing while I was typing this.
<--Too slow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Clueless said:
For 2004, there was an option called Cosmo Purple, and you could even get it with a purple interior. Apparently it didn't sell very well--I imagine 04's with purple interiors will be pretty rare.

It was dropped for 05 though.

(Please correct if I'm wrong.)

//edit: S2Gordon typed up a similar thing while I was typing this.
<--Too slow.
First..:lol:
Speaking of rare color has anyone seen a Pulse Red?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
speakin of a rare color according the stats for the 04 color the barbados blue with a 6speed was the lowest produced combo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,541 Posts
67/04gto said:
speakin of a rare color according the stats for the 04 color the barbados blue with a 6speed was the lowest produced combo
Yep, that's what Fatbitch was.... I miss her.... oh well. The Pulse red came in second on the rarity, GTODEALER2 had two of them and they are beautiful in person.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
GOATGIRL said:
Speaking of rare colors, what colors are the rarest for 04, 05, and 06?
04
  1. Barbados Blue
  2. Cosmos Purple
  3. Pulse Red
05
  1. Yellow Jacket
  2. Impulse Blue
  3. Midnight Blue
06
Can't find any info yet but if i had to guess I would think Brazen Orange then Spice Red.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Sweet...Now I just have to wait for December to get a run down of the numbers for '06 Models... such as mine...lol :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
Kilboy said:
Sweet...Now I just have to wait for December to get a run down of the numbers for '06 Models... such as mine...lol :rofl:
Yep. I'm interested to see what the numbers will be.
Though blue/blue is hardly one of the less common color combinations. However, 04-06 Goats overall are uncommon cars, so even the popular combos are not very often seen.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top