Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Anyone Know If The O5 Goat Has Push Button Start I Have A Pic Of The 05 Int. And It Has A Big Red Button Behind The Blinker Stalk But I've Never Scene Any Other Pic With It.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The factory listing still shows the same part numbers for the key and ingnition lock cylinder as the 04'. The big red button is for "TURBO BOOST"!

·
Registered
84 Posts
The big red button was from a test mule...they put these on as a secondary safety measure...it's usually an engine kill or fuel shut-off button. This does not go into production.

·
Registered
109 Posts
At least with the Vette, there is no key. I believe that the keyless remote (owner) has to be nearby, and/or car has to be unlocked with the remote for the pushbutton to operate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
rock421 said:
At least with the Vette, there is no key. I believe that the keyless remote (owner) has to be nearby, and/or car has to be unlocked with the remote for the pushbutton to operate.
And a lot of vette owners don't like it for a number of reasons and want a key switch added as an option. Go to the vette forums and see.

Be careful what you wish for..

·
Registered
117 Posts
I sat in a 2005 GTO yesterday. No push button starter.

·
Registered
56 Posts
BLACKTHUNDERGTO said:
the Dodge Ram SRT 10 Has a Push Button Start How does that work tho do u out a key in sumwhare and then hit the button??????????????
I believe with the SRT-10, you insert the key like normal, turn, then press the start button.

·
Registered
185 Posts
BLACKTHUNDERGTO said:
the Dodge Ram SRT 10 Has a Push Button Start How does that work tho do u out a key in sumwhare and then hit the button??????????????
No Actually you can start the truck either way. The key is and the truck are bluetooth, if you get in and have the key in your pocket you can start the truck, or you can go 19th century and put the key in the ignition. either way, it's cool cuz it's a 500 hp pickup

·
Registered
4 Posts
BLACKTHUNDERGTO said:
It's just like in the Viper, insert the key...turn, then hit the Start button. Cool.

-Doug

1 - 15 of 15 Posts