Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First is that I didnt do it sooner. It has been laying on a shelf for two months, but was waiting for a nice day to do it.

Second is that I got married at 38. Should have waited till 40 :rofl: Thats what I told my friends 12 year old son last week.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Complain all you want. It saved us $1300 in gas guzzler taxes and its simple enough to defeat.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
After learning about that feature, I noticed that as long as I shift into 2nd at 20 mph or 3000 rpm it does not happen. If I find myself shifting before that 20 mph I go from 1st to 3rd without skipping a beat. patooooooey on the gas guzzler tax. They should have special taxes on the junk that is out there on the roads.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
GTO judge said:
After learning about that feature, I noticed that as long as I shift into 2nd at 20 mph or 3000 rpm it does not happen. If I find myself shifting before that 20 mph I go from 1st to 3rd without skipping a beat.

I also notice that when I step on the tall pedal on the right, stationary things in front of my car get bigger.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One of my wife's co workers. Her husband is a manager at SK speed. It was very convenient for me. He gave it to his wife who gave it to my wife who gave it to me. who told two friends that told to friends...

·
Registered
1 Posts
AmesGTO said:
Taking CAGS out in software is another good option.
On my '94 Camaro, it was so easy to turn off CAGS, it was as if the engineers deliberately made it an easy 15 minute job. All I had to do was pull the computer and disconnect two wires. Turned off CAGS, turned off the CAGS shift light. An error flag was raised, but the flag didn't turn on the check-engine light. I bet the lawyers put a stop to making it so easy.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It's still pretty easy. $0.99 for a pack of resistors from Radio Shack, unplug the wire to the solenoid on the transmission case, stick one of the resistors into the end of the wire, (simulating the transmission), tape up the end of the wire with the resistor in it. CAGS eliminated.

There are pics and instructions on here somewhere, or at LS1.com. Took me less than 15mins, and it works perfectly. The display still pops up at those times the CAGS would have screwed up your shift, but that doesn't bother me, and I hardly ever see it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.