• lemon lawed

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
fergyflyer said:
Mine was perfect except for the B&M shifter. How is yours?
Excellent at 63,000 miles under the wheels. Two small b1tches-- the seat bucket is starting to sag a bit and that damned shifter rattle (which is easy enough to fix).

One major issue-- the T56 grenading at 30k miles.

·
Registered
187 Posts
reverse light trigger blew in week one, which caused the turn signals to blow. Took it to the dealer, they fixed it, but scratched the dash, then only put 5.5 quarts of oil in it when I changed it at 1,000. Not the cars fault though.

now the AC compressor is extremely loud, shifter is rattling, rattle fromt he door, car doesn't go into gear all the time.....getting real annoying.

But oh well, my GMM should arrive today and just dropped $450 on Noltec bushings :)

btw, had the car for 5 weeks, have 2500 miles and loving every minute of it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am about to pursue Buyback on mine. The car has been overheating and using 1/2-3/4 Gallons of coolant every 2-3K miles (15K miles on odo now). This is the fourth trip to the Dealer for this problem...
Right now it has been at the dealer for the last 10 days with the heads off waiting for final authorization from the Zone Rep to replace the entire engine.

They cannot find a leak and there is no sign of problems with the heads.
GM is now just throwing parts at the problem (And very expensive parts at that)

I am betting that even if they replace the Engine the problem will return....

·
Registered
194 Posts
eldodroptop said:
I am about to pursue Buyback on mine. The car has been overheating and using 1/2-3/4 Gallons of coolant every 2-3K miles (15K miles on odo now). This is the fourth trip to the Dealer for this problem...
Right now it has been at the dealer for the last 10 days with the heads off waiting for final authorization from the Zone Rep to replace the entire engine.

They cannot find a leak and there is no sign of problems with the heads.
GM is now just throwing parts at the problem (And very expensive parts at that)

I f they can't find the leak, it sounds like the intake gasket. Had the same problem with my 97 tahoe, coolant leaked right into the engine oil and destroyed everything.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
eldodroptop said:
You don't think a complete engine replacement would fix the problem? WOW!!!! I cannot imagine that not solving a problem, unless there is a coolant piping issue somewhere.

·
Registered
746 Posts
HotRodGuy said:
now the AC compressor is extremely loud, shifter is rattling, rattle fromt he door, car doesn't go into gear all the time.....getting real annoying.
Mine is doing the same plus a rattle from the steering column. Anybody ever find out how to fix the door rattle?

·
Registered
50 Posts
dealernut said:
You don't think a complete engine replacement would fix the problem? WOW!!!! I cannot imagine that not solving a problem, unless there is a coolant piping issue somewhere.
They have not 100% diagnosed the problem so doing an Engine replacement at this point is just a gamble by GM... I am the type of Mechanic that get pissed at people who just throw parts at a problem and Pray... That is what GM is now doing and I am betting that the Motor is not the issue.

·
Registered
233 Posts
My goat is 4 months and 6K miles old. I have multiple rattles going in the dash. I have not had it in for service yet, I wish they would just go away. One seems like it is coming from that center plate, it could very well just be that connector. I'm still going to let the dealer pop the plate off as I know I will break something then be pissed.

One note is that I have not seen the 1 qt / 1500 miles oil burning that others have seen.

·
Registered
307 Posts
No problems, knock on wood. 178 miles and holding until the salt and crap goes away. Not sitting completely still, gets started and moved around at least every other week.

·
Registered
6 Posts
10,045mi had the right front strut replaced, stock one was bent and eat up 2 tires other than that no problems.

·
Registered
212 Posts
21,700 miles 1yr 5 mo.
1.When it rains water sloshes around in the passenge door, the dealer claims to have cleand out the drain holes but it still does it.
2.Drivews side door lock button is sitting in the center consoul awaiting a trip to the dealer to fix.
3. Not enough time to drive it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts