Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a craigslist ad without picture advertising a 67 LeMans for $6500 with rims and $5500 without. I emailed the person and asked him to send me some pictures. He sent me some pictures and stated that he wanted $9000 with rims and $7000 without. I'm not a big fan of the rims so I ask him to sale it to me for the price he was asking for on craigslist, he counter back with 6k. I got to thinking and this car seems to good to be true. The car looks like it's in great condition. Is this a normal price for this vehicle or should I follow my gut?

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
I'm with Alky. It could be they are using the car as bait to lure you to them so that they can rob/kill you. The rims scream "Ghetto Thug" and are indicative of lower functioning folks. With some Cragars or Rally ones, that car would be a knockout. The paint is worth more than the asking price. I think it's a hustle.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Where is it located? Maybe someone is a little closer and could check it out. Or meet you there with a 12 gauge or two. lol

·
Registered
125 Posts
6K without the ghetto cruisers is not all that far off for a Lemans post car around here. The market is down right now across the board.

I paid $2500 for a running '66 Tri power GTO (without the original engine), a '67 Lemans parts car, a '69 Tempest 2 door, a rough'65 Tempest convertible, a '65 GTO body shell for $2500, so deals are still out there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts