Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds like a dumb question, but i find myself doing the 1-2-4-6 thing most of the time. Going through all of the gears during normal driving seems a bit excessive to me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
on my cavy, I use every gear, not because I have to, but because with only 140hp and 150tq, it needs every advantage it can!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
THIS IS A FUNNY QUESTION !!!!

I find myself asking myself the same thing when i drive HAHAHA

Basicly these cars have unlimited torque.. u can drop RPMs to 1G and still have the power to pull threw a turn while driving uphill LMFAO....

personally I think 1-4 is way to weak for me .. when im in town or cruzin.. I slam first gear till about 4G then just slowly drop it into 3rd.. U can hold third gear forever it seems like LOL ... from there if i want I can run it in 3rd and hit 80MPH at 5G... its all what or how u wanna drive tho ...

just remember mass torque = just throw it in any gear and go .. LMAO...
:willy: :party:

PS I have hit 138MPH and and still had tons of room on my RPMs ...I have never used 6th gear yet ... I find 6th allmost unessesary.. If I could I would replace my 6th gear so I could bury the needle on my guages LOL....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just so yall know, if you could get 4.10 gears, you can use 6th from 40mph on up to whenever! I had those in my 97 Z28 with 290hp, it had the same gearing the GTO does, and it was SUCH a welcome treat.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I basically always start from 2nd anymore. Only need 1st if going uphill or want to accelerate hard. 6th after 60mph, anything before that is just too early.

These cars are geared just right. I had 4.10's in my 96 Formula but the GTO's 6spd has numerically higher gears than the 4th gen f-bodies making it very pleasurable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.