Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey anyone notice that the fenders on the GTO don't line up with the front bumpers? I have noticed this on mine and on other new GTO's at my local dealership. At first I thought maybe my car was damaged prior to delivery but went to the dealership and a black 06 gto and a silver 05 gto was like that too. I also notice that there are two little dents that come outward on both sides of the rear liscense plate, dealer told me that that is how the bracket is mounted, just found these two things odd and wondered if your GTO's were the same, T

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mines not aligned also, let us know if this can be adjusted, thanks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
tommycheng1728 said:
hey anyone notice that the fenders on the GTO don't line up with the front bumpers? I have noticed this on mine and on other new GTO's at my local dealership. At first I thought maybe my car was damaged prior to delivery but went to the dealership and a black 06 gto and a silver 05 gto was like that too. I also notice that there are two little dents that come outward on both sides of the rear liscense plate, dealer told me that that is how the bracket is mounted, just found these two things odd and wondered if your GTO's were the same, T
Only thing holding the front bumper to the front quarter panel is a ridiculously inadequate plastic retainer by the wheel well. When they break, the seam of the facia (bumper) at the front quarter panel will be misaligned and stick out a bit. I had one broke on my Goat that required replacing the entire front bumper. This is a very weak point in the bumper's attachment so watch out for those low curbs.

The body shop which replaced mine said that the GTO was the only vehicle they had seen that did not have a lower cernter support for the front facia. This makes it very susceptible to damage from pulling up over a low curb and then backing away.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Are you kidding, they replaced the whole bumper? That's just freakin' wonderful. I noticed the DAY I got the car (in April) that the driver's side was misalligned but kept putting it off to get fixed (as I travel ALOT for work and am doing a full time master's program as well) and could never find a good time to drop the car off at the dealer. What are the odds they will fix it now without accusing me of damaging it? I THINK I asked the service department to make a notation in the computer about it one time I went for an oil change back in June, just so it's on record until I can get it fixed...but again...even with that, what are the odds of them fixing it now :(

G

·
there will allways be slight seperation of the bumpers/fenders/body .... Remember its not an import...
If you gonna race your car out dont even worry about stuff like that .. you gonna get rock knicks .. bush scratches.. ect..ect...

Just worry about the grandma in the other lane swerving toward your lane ..LOL...

:willy: :party:

G

·
Hmmm thought you guys would catch that .... I mean JDM cars are built more streamed line compared to american cars.... and if you look on the emblem it says "pontiac" not "holden" to most of us in here ...

thats like saying my Scion XB is a Japan car .. LMFAO .. sure the design is .. but the car was put together by americans ... :willy: :party:

G

·
Vedli said:
Hmmm thought you guys would catch that .... I mean JDM cars are built more streamed line compared to american cars.... and if you look on the emblem it says "pontiac" not "holden" to most of us in here ...

thats like saying my Scion XB is a Japan car .. LMFAO .. sure the design is .. but the car was put together by americans ... :willy: :party:
Oh I caught it alright, you were comparing it to Lexus, Infiniti, Toyota, etc. WAY different class though.

G

·
ya .. like JDM to american .. LOL ... :willy: :party:

Japan concentrates on every detail to their cars before release... when americans will plan it out and drop it all on for release to make the sales....
thats why theres more recalls on american vehicles then JDM ones...

All good tho.. not dogging the american cars at all ... just saying that the companys will not spend the added manpower and resources to allign your bumpers to the millimeter LMFAO

·
Registered
304 Posts
I didn't mean a gap like what you are talking about...if you crouch down on the driver's side with the right side of your body facing the car, the part of the bumper that wraps up to the headlights and would create the gap that you mean is sticking out away from the car. Maybe I should take a pic and see if what i'm talking about is the same as what everyone else is mentioning.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Mine line up just fine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.