Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Anytime you hear a grown man giggling, you KNOW it's gotta be fun. haha

Thanks for the video.

If you don't mind me asking, how much NO2 do you go through with just a couple runs like that? I've considered NO2, just as something to hold me over until I get my supercharger...which might be a while still. I suspect that I'll want to play with it often and I wouldn't want the price of NO2 to eat me up.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a 15lb bottle... A full bottle and a day at the track will give me at least 8 good passes... it'll give me more if i take the time to let the bottle warm up to operating temp after that. Takes a little longer on the 15lb botle.

i'm sprayin from 3000rpm in first gear all the way to the finish line. When i get my 3200 stall put in tonight... (should be in a couple of hours) i'll be spraying outta the hole.

I'm a bit of a whore when it comes to using it.... so it'll last longer for someone even moderately conservative with it.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Conservation never has been my strong suit, not in tires, gasoline, or anything else. So I should probably just save up for the maggie. I could see myself using NO2 just to add a grin while I'm going for a midnight milk run or something. :willy:

·
Registered
214 Posts
baron_iv said:
Anytime you hear a grown man giggling, you KNOW it's gotta be fun. haha

Thanks for the video.

If you don't mind me asking, how much NO2 do you go through with just a couple runs like that? I've considered NO2, just as something to hold me over until I get my supercharger...which might be a while still. I suspect that I'll want to play with it often and I wouldn't want the price of NO2 to eat me up.
Sweet clip and good question Baron. I've often wondered the same. Used to have a speed shop about a mile from my house that would fill NO2 bottles, but they closed up and now I would have no idea where to go - besides Milan Raceway which is 25 miles away and close in the winter months.

·
Registered
123 Posts
smitty's05gto said:
:) this was the first time my buddy has been in the car with me hittin the nitrous.

he doesnt do a very good job lookin at the speedometer the first time around. lol :willy: Thanks again, Rhett for gettin it on video!

http://video.ls1tech.com/video/f/5D9C0524-7811-4616-BC6A-330C1E88ECD1.htm

I gotta see this thing go. Maybe sometime we can meet up and BS alittle. I'm living out in Queen Creek, not too far away from Tempe.

·
Registered
123 Posts
smitty's05gto said:
Cool man... whenever you want :)

WK.480-966-1168... Cell 480-255-5208...ask for Smitty.

Good deal. I have weekends off so maybe I'll give you a call this coming one. My first name is Steve.

·
Registered
569 Posts
smitty's05gto said:
wow... that's pretty pricey..

i get mine for $2.75 per pound....
That's cheap- around here they rape you- it is $5.50 a lb! I questioned the price once and got the "it's going up with fuel prices" answer :rolleyes: . I think it is more base on "hey, they pay it, so we'll charge it" Scumbags with no competition will do that though....

Joe

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
kwiktsi said:
That's cheap- around here they rape you- it is $5.50 a lb! I questioned the price once and got the "it's going up with fuel prices" answer :rolleyes: . I think it is more base on "hey, they pay it, so we'll charge it" Scumbags with no competition will do that though....

Joe

lmao.. yeah because we get dinitrogen monoxide from crude oil :rofl:

*******s

1 - 15 of 15 Posts