Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
lil_kano said:
Hey everyone. Im going to get a 2006 silver gto. i wanted to know, though, what are the average insurance rates? I live in Florida. If anyone cn hepl me out i would realy appreciate it. Thanks.
Depends on age, coverages, multiple policies, driving record, points........and which Insurance company you deal with.

·
Registered
232 Posts
lil_kano said:
Hey everyone. Im going to get a 2006 silver gto. i wanted to know, though, what are the average insurance rates? I live in Florida. If anyone cn hepl me out i would realy appreciate it. Thanks.
Get an online quote from Insweb.com or directly from the various insurance companies' online sites.

·
Registered
57 Posts
lil_kano said:

Well congrat on the purchase. Im an insurance broker, and my advice to you is to check out Progressive Direct. Hop online, go to www.progressive.com and you can get a quote. They are just as competitive as State Farm, American Family, Farmers, etc. But the one advantage they have is no MIDDLE MAN, which in turn means no comissions paid to an agent, which also means lower premiums. They are also more forgiving when it comes to accidents and violations, they only go back 35 months, most standard markets like Farm Burearu, State Farm, etc. will go back 5 years. Thats where i have my current insurance with.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
My youngest son was with Progressive. WE dealt directly with them. Every time I had a question about his policy or coverage, when I called Progressive, I got a different agent. I cannot tell you how many times when I double checked the information and answers I got from them, the answers from one agent to another varied, and often times were vastly different. Even the original quote from one agent to another was different.

Only after I spoke with a supervisor did I get a concrete quote. After a few calls to them regarding various discrepancies in the policy did I decide to get my son an independent agent. The premiums DID NOT increase once we went to an independent agent. What did happen was, any questions I had, I dealt with one person not 40 or so. And with that independent agent, he found a few different insurance companies with better rates. Needless to say, my son went with a different insurance company.

Be cautious when shopping insurance companies. Progressive, Geico, and others boast the lowest rates... If you take their word on it, you may be short changing yourself. IMO.... find an independent agent, they have the resources to find you the best rate. Of course where you live in the country has a lot to do with rates, but you'll get more of a selection if you find an agent that deals with multiple companies.

The younger you are.....the bigger the OUCH.

·
Registered
57 Posts
GTO judge said:
My youngest son was with Progressive. WE dealt directly with them. Every time I had a question about his policy or coverage, when I called Progressive, I got a different agent. I cannot tell you how many times when I double checked the information and answers I got from them, the answers from one agent to another varied, and often times were vastly different. Even the original quote from one agent to another was different.

Only after I spoke with a supervisor did I get a concrete quote. After a few calls to them regarding various discrepancies in the policy did I decide to get my son an independent agent. The premiums DID NOT increase once we went to an independent agent. What did happen was, any questions I had, I dealt with one person not 40 or so. And with that independent agent, he found a few different insurance companies with better rates. Needless to say, my son went with a different insurance company.

Be cautious when shopping insurance companies. Progressive, Geico, and others boast the lowest rates... If you take their word on it, you may be short changing yourself. IMO.... find an independent agent, they have the resources to find you the best rate. Of course where you live in the country has a lot to do with rates, but you'll get more of a selection if you find an agent that deals with multiple companies.

The younger you are.....the bigger the OUCH.

Im 25 years old, been with Progressive since 23. Have no accidents or violations on my MVR (motor vehicle record), and Progressive Direct was the cheapest by $250/year. I broker for Progressive (not Progressive direct, obvioulsy) and they are real competitive. As far as questions go, its a known fact in the insurance world that independent agents are not the most HONEST! True, most independents have access to Progressive, but do you know why, because they are one of the most premium comptetitive auto insurers in the world. Shop around, if your insurance illiterate, which most people are, then use an agent. But seriously though, a simple personal auto policy isnt that difficult to understand. If you have any questions about auto coverage, send me an email, and i'll be glad to help you out.
PS: I didnt inted to sound "arrogant" with the statement of insurance illiterate, but its not peoples fault, some just dont understand it, and thats fine, thats why they have agents and brokers.:cheers

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
NWeber said:
Im 25 years old, been with Progressive since 23. Have no accidents or violations on my MVR (motor vehicle record), and Progressive Direct was the cheapest by $250/year. I broker for Progressive (not Progressive direct, obvioulsy) and they are real competitive. As far as questions go, its a known fact in the insurance world that independent agents are not the most HONEST! True, most independents have access to Progressive, but do you know why, because they are one of the most premium comptetitive auto insurers in the world. Shop around, if your insurance illiterate, which most people are, then use an agent. But seriously though, a simple personal auto policy isnt that difficult to understand. If you have any questions about auto coverage, send me an email, and i'll be glad to help you out.
PS: I didnt inted to sound "arrogant" with the statement of insurance illiterate, but its not peoples fault, some just dont understand it, and thats fine, thats why they have agents and brokers.:cheers

I agree many are ignorant. Many younger kids are ignorant on many issues regarding financial matters, amongst other life matters. Getting into specifics of a policy can get confusing even for moderately astute people.... Under insured, to full tort or limited tort, which is the proper amount of property damage coverage's, to carry this amount instead of this amount?.... It can get confusing for many. An agent is the one that can properly direct you. And yes, there are less than honest agents, there are less than honest priests, cops, and judges too. Personally I would trust a local agent I can sit down with and discuss my options with, rather than 40 strangers on the other end of a phone. But that's just me.

The best reference a younger guy can get is from Mom, and Dad. Having an agent on this site would be really helpful to guys on here searching for the best rates. Generally the older the guys, the wiser they are, or should be about matters such as this, but I've run across many older guys that are, shall I say, less than stupid.

My point was and still is.... Check into various insurance companies whether you have the scruples to do it yourself, or develop a rapport with an agent that can find you the best rates for you. Progressive is NOT always the cheapest alternative. :cheers

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'd go with State Farm - they may be a little more expensive, but the service is outstanding. It's nice having an agent to talk to as well. I also have my renters through them which lowered my 6 mo payment some as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.