Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
I found a lower door rocker panel molding for the passenger side of a 67. Will this work on the driver's side? Or are they different? It's the only piece I'm missing and I'd sure like to get this one off Ebay....
Thanks
Linda

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Rukee!
Thanks for asking! I've taken it to many body shops to get estimates. If I don't hear from the fellow musician/body shop guy that wants to trade, I might just drive it for the summer and get it totally redone in the fall. That way I can get the trunk pans replaced (floor pans are ok) and get the dash restored, etc. It runs like a top and the new exhaust is should I say, like great sex (are we allowed to say that on the forum?). Anyways, I don't know if I can give up driving it for that long. It's not in horrible shape. I just want to get the rust issues taken care of and the fender fixed....etc. I'm still looking at starlight black. I'm ordering my wheels and tires in the next week or so. I was going to order new Rally IIs 15x7 with red line radials. What do you think? When the paint job's done, it'll look so hot with the redlines and chrome/stainless. Do you think 15x7's are good or should I stay with the stock 14s?
Linda
PS. There's a single lower door passenger side rocker panel on ebay for cheap but the guy doesn't think it'll work on the driver's side for there is some kind of indentation on one side and not the other? I don't remember that....

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Randy,
Thanks! I do need the driver's side but I've heard that the new ones are flimsy? I'd prefer an OEM.
Linda

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Randy,
Thanks! I do need the driver's side but I've heard that the new ones are flimsy? I'd prefer an OEM.
Linda
Here is the drivers door oem part number, XP4234G. The guy who polishes the stainless for the parts place does a really good job. Total cost is $135 unless you have a core to send back.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Linda: I'd go with the 15x7's. I've got 14x7's on my '67, and they look great. That said, more tire selection is available for the 15's, and I think they fill the wheel wells a little better. Your call!
Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts