Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my good friend wants to run his 99 A4 against my new GTO. I told him that I wanted to wait a bit to break the car in more. I only have 400 miles on it right now. He has a 99 Audi A4 Quattro, which normally is a pretty slow car. What he also have now is a stage 3 T28 turbo kit. I know he needs a clutch and is still on the stock intercooler. I have ridden in the car and it does make good power, but I am positive he stands no chance against my GTO.

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
LIVEVIL said:
So my good friend wants to run his 99 A4 against my new GTO. I told him that I wanted to wait a bit to break the car in more. I only have 400 miles on it right now. He has a 99 Audi A4 Quattro, which normally is a pretty slow car. What he also have now is a stage 3 T28 turbo kit. I know he needs a clutch and is still on the stock intercooler. I have ridden in the car and it does make good power, but I am positive he stands no chance against my GTO.
break it in b4 u go up with him. he may be looking at that as beat up before she is broken in :cheers

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'll give it some time before I give it a go. I haven't taken it over 4K rpms yet. She's still a baby to me

·
Registered
356 Posts
My buddy has a newer A4, stock. Even he admits that it's a lard-ass. Poor man's M3. Break your Goat in and give him a whoopin'. Be sure to post pics. :D

·
Registered
410 Posts
Easy brake-ins are for old engines, not the new ones built to closer tolerances. You need to seat those rings. Do a couple WOT runs through the geats building RPM in stages. Then let him see what WOT and Redline can provide.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yea, try this..........let him kick your a** right now (don't really try hard), then when you get over 5K miles, demand a rematch for double or nothing, then blow his doors off.

It's called 'sandbagging' by us Old_Goats. :D :D :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hah, thanks guys. I will get pics and video of it. I helped him with the turbo install a few months ago. The car is a night and day difference of the stock power. I still think he's dead meat.

·
Registered
163 Posts
My guess is that you will beat him. Although with a bigger turbo, they can be fast, especially with an AWD launch. If he out launches you, then it will be at least a fun race, but you will have realed him in my mid 3rd gear, at the end of 4th (which is the end of most races) you will be around 5-8 cars ahead. 5 cars if he has other stuff done to the car other than the turbo, 8 if it is only turbo and intake.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, right now he has Turbo, injectors, 1.3 bar program and intake. He still needs to get an exhaust, downpipe, and intercooler

1 - 10 of 10 Posts