Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings and Happy New Year, people. I joined this forum only a week ago and took delivery of my '04 Black / Red M6 2 weeks ago.

In the last 2 weeks and 400 miles (it's winter here in Michigan so I haven't driven it as much as I'd like), I've noticed that unless I'm pushing the "loud pedal", the car doesn't turn as many heads as I'd like it too.

Also, when I first saw pictures of the car over a year ago, I thought "why didn't they use some styling cues from the original Goats, like twin split pipes and hood treatments like louvres or induction 'scoops' ?"

Maybe the answer to that lies more in economics than logic but I have come to a conclusion regarding the car's lack of ability stop crowds:

When one has a vehicle that is this much fun to drive fast, one doesn't need to advertize the fact with "boy racer" plastic, swoopy decals and other infantile diversions. I originally wanted "torrid red" but my wife wanted black. I'm happy I deferred to her wishes because "torrid red" is more commonly known as "arrest-me-red". Until I stick my foot into it, I can motor around with a degree of "stealth".

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Impulse Blue draws a great deal of attention. I often notice people (usually young) at stop lights looking at the car and some honk and give it the thumbs up. Much more attention than any other car i have owned (and i have had some pretty decent ones). All my friends who have looked at the car are very impressed with it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've had a lot of attention in my red m6 in the first two weeks I have had the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I actually prefer the 04 style to the 05. My salesman referred to the Torrid Red as "arrest-me red." I chose the Phantom Black w/Red interior- Really sharp (in my opinion).

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have taken my blk on blk GTO on trips to michigan and cocoa beach florida already, 8000 miles also. People still stop at lights and point, the females mostlt look and smile, the males usually miss the light. If I could just get these 17 year old kids riding around in pist bee's nests to leave me alone all would be right in the world. :seeya:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was at the mall walking up to my Cosmos Purple car and a guy pulled up and asked me what color it was because he liked it so much. These cars get more attention than you think, and even though they don't scream "look at me" nobody has ever said they look bad. Mine has definately grown on me since I have had it the past week.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Even after 3 months and 4k miles, I still big a big Sh** eating grin on my face when I open up my garage and get ready to drive to work. No car has ever done that for me before. I've had some "cool" (with great sarcasm) cars too:

72 Cadillac Coupe DeVille
82 Chevy Citation 2 door coupe
1990 Toyota Celica ST
1992 Chevy Camaro RS
1995 Pontiac Formula (temporarily smart)
1996 Honda Civic EX 2 door coupe
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
1998 Honda CRV
2001 Ford Escape XLT
2003 Ford F350 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed V-10
2003 Dodge Intrepid ES

The search is over...2004 GTO Red/Red M6...I have arrived!!! :party:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I agree that the 04 goat is a great car just as she was built. My wifes Impulse Blue A4 will probably be exactly as we purchased it from now on. I also feel the Goat has so much more potential and my Torrid Red M6 will continue to be moded as the money permits. I've added the banchee hood and K& N cai. I have a Baer brake system on order. In the coming year (years) I wan't to put 18's on, change to nose (hopefully a Monaro nose) and upgrade the heads and cams, along with headers and a new exhaust system. No matter how much or how little you do to the 04 Goat it remains a great car. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
87 Posts
roadracer said:
I agree that the 04 goat is a great car just as she was built. My wifes Impulse Blue A4 will probably be exactly as we purchased it from now on. I also feel the Goat has so much more potential and my Torrid Red M6 will continue to be moded as the money permits. I've added the banchee hood and K& N cai. I have a Baer brake system on order. In the coming year (years) I wan't to put 18's on, change to nose (hopefully a Monaro nose) and upgrade the heads and cams, along with headers and a new exhaust system. No matter how much or how little you do to the 04 Goat it remains a great car. Just my opinion.
I, for one, would like to hear your impressions of the Baer brakes once you have them installed. Any pics of the installation would be great.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've had three people try to race me in the first 22 hours of ownership!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts