Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone help me out with the color of the 2 piece sheet metal cover that fits over the cast iron cross over piece on my RAIV?

I am trying to do some detailing under the hood. If anyone has any pictures that would be great.

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Original '69 RAIV crossover shields were black. Am not much for detailing with spray cans, but a very good representation out of a spray can is a high heat BBQ Black.

Original '70-71 and the one year '72 production crossover shields were plated with either tin or zinc/nickel, it's a dull silver finish, not like what one would achieve with clear cad. Still trying to get a close match with my plater.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Is the black a satin finish or gloss finish? Were the chimney pieces on both the passenger side and the drivers side black also? I have seen them in a natural metal finish in pictures.

Also, do you know of any high heat clear to finish the intake manifold in? I have read that many of the high heat clears yellow over time. Any advice would be appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts