Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well what do you know, I always to wanted to try one of these. I was doing 70mph, when I black M3 with exhaust whizzes by me, so I go and catch him.

At around 90mph, we both punch and i start to pull on him and kept pulling to 130mph. No traffic, all clear. So I slow down again, and he went a head of me. So I went behind him, we both floored, I gradually pulled up and past him again. He gave me thumbs up and had a passenger in the car with a Video Cam shooting the whole race! Looks like I'll be famous on some M3 boards ;) The M3 might be fast in the 1/4, but from 90 to 130 or 140, can't hang with an 05 Goat :cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
StocktonRaider said:
good form nightshifter!!! do you have an 05?

I was supposed to race my buddies 04, but he doesn't want to?

I guess he doesnt want a good race?
Yes, it's an 05. I get some people who zoom up to me and wanna race, but when they see 6.0, they back off. Been happening a lot these past few days.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not bad, I would hope a 400hp 400tq 6.0 liter engine can beat a 3.2 liter 263tq inline-6 from a roll. M3's are more about launching to get a good time, the GTO is hard to screw up with in comparison. I would like to see such a video though, at least the guy was cool about it. Shoulda asked him if he knew any M5's that he wanted to feed you. Keep up the the Beamer killin'

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WS6GTO said:
Not bad, I would hope a 400hp 400tq 6.0 liter engine can beat a 3.2 liter 263tq inline-6 from a roll. M3's are more about launching to get a good time, the GTO is hard to screw up with in comparison. I would like to see such a video though, at least the guy was cool about it. Shoulda asked him if he knew any M5's that he wanted to feed you. Keep up the the Beamer killin'
It was a modded M3 (intake, exhaust ...) which makes it even better ;)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
It's a good thing he didn't try one of those sneaky Bimmer tricks...like turning! :D

Gawd...I'd loooooove an M3.

Hehe. Good Kill!! :cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts