Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At first I thought it was a S4 and I was pissed at my car. Once we stopped at the light I saw is was a RS6 and I was very proud of the GTO. Those things about 450HP i think. He didn't do a great job of brake-torque offthe line but I don't care. I'll take the W.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you are refering to DSG, No they don't. Only the newer models have that. They do have the paddle shifters, but an older trans technology at this point. Still a monster of a car.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I ran against a S4 and beat him pretty easily. The RS6 is much faster than the S4 since it is twin turbo... Lucky you to run across one. And Conrats on beating him and/or at least hanging with.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Both the B5 S4 and RS6 are TT cars. The S4 is a 2.7TT and the RS6 is a 4.2 TT. Great cars. Newer S4's are straight up 4.2 V8 cars. Still good power

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
LIVEVIL said:
If you are refering to DSG, No they don't. Only the newer models have that. They do have the paddle shifters, but an older trans technology at this point. Still a monster of a car.
D'Oh!!

That'ws what I meant.

Drove an A3 with DSG and a BMW 330ci w SMGII...wow.

The future, be sure.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Pops was interested in a Porshe Boxter, but I convinced him all wheel drive plus the room for skiis was better in an S4 (Parents live in Reno, NV). So we went down to the Audi dealer and drove a 2005 S4. Holy Mother of God! That car can handle a corner like no other! Although my Goat was the center of attention on the lot, I had to admit the S4 beats the GTO in corning hands down - no questions asked! But you've got to shell out $50K+ for it.

I like my Goat because they don't have the torque/hp to keep up with us.... :cool

·
Registered
139 Posts
Great cars. Must have been a newer B6 or B7 model. I'm just not happy with the direction Audi took with the new look of the cars. Had to switch up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.