Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I want to say that I love these cars and they are quick for their size. The driver must not have realized I was in a GTO and thought it was something else. I was behind him at a red light on the highway. He must have tried to show that his car was fast because I saw the change in exhaust when he punched it to pull away. I just hung with him at first not thinking he was trying to race. Once we hit 90 and he showed no signs of slowing I decided to pass him. I shifted into 4th at about 100 and switched lanes. This is where GTO's show how pwerful they are. At 100, most cars slowly keep accelerating where the GTO jumps forward. By the time I hit 125, I was at least 50 yards in front of him. I then hit the brakes and dropped back down to 70. I can't describe the feeling you get in these cars when you feel them pulling hard at high speeds.

Now I know that an Impala SS is not a kill to brag about it is way too big and heavy to be considered a kill. But the way this car lunges forward at over 100 is crazy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good point about the high speed pull. I don't get mine over 100 much, especially after the court appearance ticket I got recently. But words can't describe how hard this thing keeps pulling over 100 mph. In fact, it almost feels like a secondary is kicking in. 100 to 140 is amazing. 6 litre torque and 400 horsepower really show at those speeds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts