Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some type of newer Suzuki....he tried to jump the light....I had him for several hundred feet....I had lots of wheel spin..He was shocked. I think I surprised he cause he was having trouble with the gears...:lol:

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Just the thought of 2-300 horsepower on about 300 lbs.. :willy: :willy:

pretty sure he wasnt racing unless you have some major mods! or hes in need of the driver mod, or in this case "rider mod" :rofl:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just the thought of 2-300 horsepower on about 300 lbs.. :willy: :willy:

pretty sure he wasnt racing unless you have some major mods! or hes in need of the driver mod, or in this case "rider mod" :rofl:

Most sport bikes dont have more than 160hp or so, but that being said they weigh nothing. But I agree he must be a very green rider. My dad recently bought a dual use bike (dirt/street) Its a kawasaki 650, and I walked away from him on that :)

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
He didn`t say it was a sport bike or an on/off road bike. He said it was a crotch rocket.
What sent up the red flags for me is he said the bike jumped the light, but yet he had him for several hundred feet....if he had jumped the light and was in fact racing, then how did the car have him for several hundred feet? The crotch rocket had the jump, how`s the GTO going to overcome that jump and then hold him off too unless the bike wasn`t really racing? I`ve ridden many crotch rockets, and although they are not the bike for me (I prefer the Harleys) the new ones are stupid fast and turn like up to 18,000RPMs, most will wheelie in most any gear and will do 0 to 100 and back to zero in almost a city block.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He must have been a rookie rider .....after I let off he did keep on it for at least a block....come on though a full size harly can beat a ls2 gto in a 1/4 mile?

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
A few years ago I had a Yamaha FZR 600 aka crotch rocket and that bike was wicked fast. It was definately eat the ls2 for lunch.

No the harley, my little girls electric pink jeep would run circles around that!:D The noise might scare that H&^ out of her but, no way a hog would touch a goat unless it was a drag bike. Heee HEEEEE

·
Registered
199 Posts
At the track pretty recently, we saw a NUMBER of low 6 second (1/8 mile) bikes (crotch rockets) trapping in the mid 130's. No freakin way was he trying ...

·
Registered
247 Posts
I hate the term...

..."Crotch Rocket" WTF does it even mean? If you want to geve it a run against an '01 Kawasaki ZRX, (Naked Standard), name the time and place, (and be sure to bring some $):D

Hell, I'll even run you around a road course with my wife on the back:lol:

·
Registered
137 Posts
A few years ago I had a Yamaha FZR 600 aka crotch rocket and that bike was wicked fast. It was definately eat the ls2 for lunch.

No the harley, my little girls electric pink jeep would run circles around that!:D The noise might scare that H&^ out of her but, no way a hog would touch a goat unless it was a drag bike. Heee HEEEEE

The only stock Harley anything that will beat a GTO is wrapped in plastic that says Buell on it.

I mean hell even the V-Rod runs what 12's and thats the fastest stock Harley available. Like I always say speed will never kill you on a Harley.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
come on though a full size harly can beat a ls2 gto in a 1/4 mile?
I once passed a string of 6 people behind a semi on the highway, with a dude on a Softail that had a header pipe following my pass. I did a 3rd gear pull from 50, went up to 110, and I started to really pull on him past 80. He went to pass a bit later, but paused beside me and yelled "nice pickup!" and gave me the thumbs up. On the lighter bikes it might be more difficult, but for something full dress like a Road King or Electraglide, you'd walk away easy. A newer 1200 Sportster would probably take a GTO.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I pulled on a "crotch rocket" one time, no problem....and he did not look happy.

(of course, I was driving a 700+rwhp corvette... ;))

1 - 19 of 19 Posts