Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as a former professional road-racer, i am going nuts with the GTO's pedals being so far apart that heel and toe downshifting is a nighmare. all my other cars would allow me to have half of my foot (ball of my foot) on the brake and half of my foot on the gas when i was doing "blip" downshifts. i might make a pedal cover for the goat's brake and gas, but i would rather just buy some. anyone know who makes them and are they large enough? thanks!

·
Registered
738 Posts
enjracing said:
as a former professional road-racer, i am going nuts with the GTO's pedals being so far apart that heel and toe downshifting is a nighmare. all my other cars would allow me to have half of my foot (ball of my foot) on the brake and half of my foot on the gas when i was doing "blip" downshifts. i might make a pedal cover for the goat's brake and gas, but i would rather just buy some. anyone know who makes them and are they large enough? thanks!

I would try to find some unervisl ones or some that are big enough and mod them to fit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
enjracing, I'm with you on that one. It is quite annoying. I haven't had time to work on it but I was figuring I would just weld an extension to the side of the brake pedal. It probably only needs an inch or so. Overall the brake and clutch pedals need to be moved toward the center of the car.

Groucho, what pedals did you buy? I didn't see a GTO listed on their web site. How much were they?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Sinister said:
Groucho, what pedals did you buy? I didn't see a GTO listed on their web site. How much were they?
I didn't buy them, but I have a buddy who has. Very nice indeed. I believe a full set is ~$200 or so.

A call or email is required to find out which ones they recommend for our Holdens, but they exist.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.