Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at adding racing stripes to my Impulse Blue GTO. Just curious on everyone's opinion of adding them or not (any negative consequences)? and what color (black or white)? Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have white racing stripes (with "GTO" cut out of part of it on the hood) on my red GTO. They were already on the car when I saw it on the lot (dealer installed). I probably wouldn't have bought the car if it didn't have them, it really turned the GTO from a "Grand Am clone" into somthing really special. That's my opinion anyway. :)

I say go for it! Pin stripes on the other hand...Well, to each his own there, I guess.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If anybody has a picture of an Impulse Blue with racing stripes, can you please post it for me to see? I really want racing stripes but ONLY if it looks good. I would hate to not like it after doing it. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
rollins215 said:
I have white racing stripes (with "GTO" cut out of part of it on the hood) on my red GTO. They were already on the car when I saw it on the lot (dealer installed). I probably wouldn't have bought the car if it didn't have them, it really turned the GTO from a "Grand Am clone" into somthing really special. That's my opinion anyway. :)

I say go for it! Pin stripes on the other hand...Well, to each his own there, I guess.
Could you post a picture of your stripes? I'd really like to see what you mean when you say that "GTO" is cut out of the stipes. I can sort of picture it in my head but a pic would be great!

·
Registered
142 Posts
racing stripes

Regarding the question of white or black stripes on an impulse blue GTO, I would offer my opinion that white would look better. As far as racing stripes making the GTO not look like a "Grand Am clone," I bought my silver GTO in an attempt to be stealthy. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a layer of Zaino drying right now, I'll take a picture of the stripes when I take the polish off in a little while.

kevracer, I think the car looks fantastic even without the stripes. I probably would have bought it either way, but the stripes just sealed the deal for me. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
kevracer said:
Regarding the question of white or black stripes on an impulse blue GTO, I would offer my opinion that white would look better. As far as racing stripes making the GTO not look like a "Grand Am clone," I bought my silver GTO in an attempt to be stealthy. :)
:agree :cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ok, here are some pics I took of the stripes. Sorry the pictures are awful, but it was kind of dark outside and my camera is really old. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rollins,
While personally not a big fan of red cars in general...
your GTO is sweet and enough to change my mind !!!!!
Joe

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow, thanks for all the positive feedback, I'm glad so many of you like it! Do the stripes count as a "mod" or are mods only performance-related modifications?

·
Registered
19 Posts
rlance said:
If anybody has a picture of an Impulse Blue with racing stripes, can you please post it for me to see? I really want racing stripes but ONLY if it looks good. I would hate to not like it after doing it. Thanks.
Here is a picture of my Impulse Blue GTO w/ racing stripes.

Chuck

·
Registered
19 Posts
Groucho, I like the way your stripes go to the end of the hood! How do you think they would look if they just went a little farther down and terminated with the grill ? I think it would great and be real "clean"

Robert

1 - 20 of 34 Posts