Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was bound to happen sooner or later but 51 in a 35 is just WEAK!! Motorcycle cop with a radar gun hiding behind a bend in the road got me as I came over a dumb bridge after leaving a light! Good thing I wassn't "in it" but lord!! He didn't care I work for his same Dept (hope his house don't catch fire!) Boy, the Judge is gonna have a field day with him when I show up in uniform!! So Now I need to invest in a good radar detector, the Solo S2 cordless looks good and since there's no oulet close to the windshield. I like the Valentine too but at $400 and needs to be wired in .... UGH!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have a BEL Vector 940. Best $150 I ever spent. It never has missed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the Passport 8500 X50. The solo is very cool as its cordless and easily to move from vechicle to vechicle, or put into a pocket etc if you wish not to leave it in the car. Doing the hardwire install is a breeze on this car, can easily be done in about 15min. Lots of room along the windshield and pillars to route the wire down to the fuse box. Dont let the hardwire install deter you from buying a conventional detector.
check out: http://www.007radardetectors.com/tests.htm for some further info on top rated models. :cheers

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have a passport 8500, I really like it. And it took all of 15 minutes to hard wire in the car. You see about 2 inches of the wire going from the radar detector up into the headliner. My only gripe is that I would like to put it right in the center above the rear view mirror. But because of all those black sun blocking dots I can't! I still have it above the mirror but off to the left.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.