Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've been reading posts since I picked up my Phantom Black M6 beauty about 6 weeks ago. This is my first post - and I have a pretty basic question for anyone using WaterWetter.

Did you add it to the overflow tank or directly into the radiator? If into the radiator, how do you take off the shroud to get to the cap? The fasteners have me a bit perplexed (whatever happened to good old fashioned bolts?):confused

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
tjblake said:
Hello all,

I've been reading posts since I picked up my Phantom Black M6 beauty about 6 weeks ago. This is my first post - and I have a pretty basic question for anyone using WaterWetter.

Did you add it to the overflow tank or directly into the radiator? If into the radiator, how do you take off the shroud to get to the cap? The fasteners have me a bit perplexed (whatever happened to good old fashioned bolts?):confused

Thanks!
I think, given this car has a recovery tank, my biggest concern would be "Where did the coolant go?"

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
noz34me said:
I think, given this car has a recovery tank, my biggest concern would be "Where did the coolant go?"

Waterwetter is an additive that gets added to your coolant to improve it's performance. Most people notice between 5-10 degrees in coolant temperature drop after adding it. Tjblake isn't adding it because he is low.

Tj, the same question was asked on the Corvetteforum, everyone agreed that you can add it to the overflow, but you should get a turkey baster and take out as much coolant as you add Waterwetter.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Stick a screwdriver in the middle of the fasteners and pull up. The middle piece of the fastener will loosen the radiator cover and you should be able to pop the entire thing off once all fasteners have been loosened. The radiator cap is below that cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.