Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 GTO with about 54k on the clock. I got back from a two week business trip last night and when I got to my car the battery was dead. After a jumpstart, I got home and I figured since it has been super hot these past two weeks, the batter just drained.

When I went to bed, I swore I could hear a muffled radio (garage is right by my bedroom). I get up and go into the garage, and sure enough the radio is on. WTF! I get in the car and turn it over and shut it down and all seemed to be ok. I wake up this morning and sure enough the radio is on again (this time I at least put the volume down so it wouldn't wake me up). I was just curious if anybody here has dealt with this. I did some searches but did not see anything with the radio just coming on when the car is off. I am thinking it just may be time for a new radio.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Never heard of that one but until you figure it out, try turning the radio off by pressing the off button on it before you turn the key off.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I figured I would do that. I also disconnected the battery to try and "reset" again. When I reconnected, the radio would not come on at all. I figured a blown fuse, but then it started up, but the controls on the radio no longer work, but the steering wheel controls work. So I think it is time to upgrade my radio! I am thinking it got fried by sitting out in the crazy FL heat the past two weeks while I was gone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts