Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought my goat and as I knew when i did the radio does not work. who ever traded it in had an Amp in the back and the wires are disconnected. In the trunk there are 2 ends of a green wire that are disconnected, My hope (cus wiring isn't my thing) is that all I have to do is reconnect the wire to one another to restore the connection and have music!

is it this easy? could it be?

·
Registered
113 Posts
those are stock amp wires. i think i might know what happened because i sort of did the same thing. they put in an aftermarket amp by using the wires that feed full signal to the stock amp with a line out converter so they didnt have to replace the head unit. if you pull back the carpet on the driver side, there should be a little black amp behind a pannel. if the connector is still there, just splice colors back together and check all fuses. also if thats the route they took then they most likely pulled the head unit to get accessory voltage. there is a sticky on how to pull the head unit. follow that and check out the wiring harness to make sure its not mutilated and that its seated properly. since those wires were left bare its a possibility that they shorted and blew a fuse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts