Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
haven't read about it here, but it's probably a "re"

the radio will turn on without the key, i guess everyone knows

but it also turns on the power outlet in the console, so if you need to charge something you can just turn the radio on and then leave the vehicle, and i think it's programmable as to how long the radio stays on, so at least there's a way to charge a dead phone, etc...

·
Registered
386 Posts
westell said:
haven't read about it here, but it's probably a "re"

the radio will turn on without the key, i guess everyone knows

but it also turns on the power outlet in the console, so if you need to charge something you can just turn the radio on and then leave the vehicle, and i think it's programmable as to how long the radio stays on, so at least there's a way to charge a dead phone, etc...
And a good way to kill your battery.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
doubt it seriously. you can run your stereo with volume up for hours without discharging it to the point of "killing" it.

in fact, your car operates many redundant systems while turned off, and that doesn't "kill" your battery, now does it ?

·
Registered
386 Posts
westell said:
doubt it seriously. you can run your stereo with volume up for hours without discharging it to the point of "killing" it.

in fact, your car operates many redundant systems while turned off, and that doesn't "kill" your battery, now does it ?
Obviously you've never left your lights on. Batteries WILL die from leaving electronics on for too long. Maybe not from the stereo alone, but most likely from the stereo and a cell phone charging.

PS. When I said kill your battery, I didn't mean permanently. You will most likely need a jump, though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Right, but headlights use a crapload of juice. Cell phone charging hardly takes any, and if you just leave the radio on at no volume it's not going to use that much. You could probably leave it a couple hours like this at least. I know I've had my radio on when I was working on the car for over an hour and that was at volume.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts