Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up this morning to some rain, finally!! Get all this salt washed off the roads. Best thing is it's suppose to get up to 63* this afternoon. I just might be able to get the ole girl out of the shed today!! :)

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Cool! Rained last nite here too. However, talking rain/snow mix the next few days with hi's around 40. It still going to be a while before we hit the highway.....:(

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
75 degrees here today :D. It's been a long drawn out winter here, but honestly I don't know how you Wisconsin guys do it :lol:.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
we got lucky here and did not have a ton of snow so they hav'nt salted for a month now. Now its over 50 and they are calling for rain every day this week

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
we got lucky here and did not have a ton of snow so they hav'nt salted for a month now. Now its over 50 and they are calling for rain every day this week
Raining again today with a good heavy rain this morning so feeling really good about getting it out of the shed......as soon as it stops raining! :D
Any of you guys in the path of that snowstorm out west? Supposed to go mainly south of us. They were talking Mpls getting 12 - 16", no lie!

·
Registered
554 Posts
hail

Had a nasty hailstorm the other night. The Altima was close to the house overhang, so nothing happened to that. Of course, the brand new pick-up took a single good one to the hood. :mad: BUT, the LEMANS was safe and secure in the garage! :D Friends 4 miles down the road had their car pummeled with baseball sized hail which took out the front and rear windshields. The car looks very interesting, to say the least. :eek: Also took out three windows on their house. Still beats 46 below zero in my book ANYday! :willy:

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Wed nite thru Thu they're now talking 6 - 8" with local heavier amounts. We're under a winter storm watch. This is all new today. Give me a break! Glad I didn't take the plow tires off yet. Took all the weight out of the box. May be going back in. Snow should be wet and heavy....

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Round 2 is tomorrow. They're now talking 12" for us. Who knows, maybe 20" before it ends. Nothing would surprise me. This all sucks!

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Spring? Pffffft.... I was plowing all day yesterday........

Gee, I "think" that's the sun!

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Mom moved from Ann Arbor Mich. to California in the '50's, and Dad came from Valparaiso, Indiana to California in the '50's because they couldn't handle the winter temps. I grew up in the sunshine. Only downside is the politics of my home state.....totally in la la land. Just got back from a 280 mile road trip in the '67....temps 80-85 degrees. Used 14 gallons of fuel, so 20mpg even. But my 'new' tranny (5k miles) just started to shudder on the 1-2 shift, so it looks like I'll have to pay some dues. Hang in there, guys....it'll warm up shortly.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
'Nuff said.......... :(

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Were getting drowned in central IL. Must have had 3 to 5 inches last two days, woke up to on inch of water in the basement. Friend of mine said he has 9 inches in his basement and its still coming in. Left the wife home with the shop vac and went to work, she's not happy. Just ran the train down to Kansas City, lots of bad flooding in Northern and central Missouri. I'll still take it over the snow, I put the snowblower away for the winter sick of it. I should have transferred to California 30 years ago when I had the chance.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
The rain event here became worse than I could of imagined. Third biggest rain in history here, some places got 7 and 8 inches. Roads washed out, people have basements completely full of water, you can't buy a sump pump or shop vac, sold out. 4 or 5 of the Rail lines on the BNSF Railroad where I work are washed out and closed, freight trains are backed up everywhere. I got lucky, only a little water, probably less than 5 gal I had to clean up. Now the Illinois and Mississippi rivers are going experience record flooding. Sandbagging operations in full swing. This is nothing compared to the devastation the East Coast saw this summer, but when it strikes this close to home it leaves you in awe of the power of mother nature. Who was it that was cheering for rain???

1 - 20 of 36 Posts