Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at an add on Ebay for new Ram Air 3 D port exhaust manifolds. $309 a pair, plus $199 extra for ceramic coating. I have a 65 389 stock heads. Any thoughts on these?

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
They are excellent manifolds, about the best choice for a street/strip car. They fit and don't leak. They are much easier to install than headers. I personally would forego the $200 ceramic coating and paint them with stove paint for $8, but that's just me. None of these manifolds were finished with anything when new, so rusted is 'correct'.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks folks. Also found a pair at Parts Place, but think I'll go with these. I'm coming around to the "pure Pontiac" mind set, but I'm not quite ready for the rusted is correct. A lot of good paint out there, so I'll go that way.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I have a set of ram air IV not rusted that I am pulling off this week if your interested I can snap some pics of them of course they are on my car.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need something that will bolt up to a 65 stock 389 head and stock 2 1/4 pipes. Not sure a ram air iv will do that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts