Pontiac GTO Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Delfield's eBay deal on the '64-67 & '68-72 style manifolds/ mandrel bent down pipes are a good deal! Mandrel bent down down pipes are very important, the first bend is very restrictive with typical muffler shop bent head pipes.
I just placed my order! Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Just put the RA Resto 2.5 jet coated manifolds on mine while it was out. Found 5 spots on the great fitting (so i thought) three pipe headers that were rubbing or being hammered by frame and bolts when i removed them. The RA units are easier to install and have ample clearance in all areas for torque twist. With the RA's the pipes hog up nice and tight to the floor pan so you will not be banging header flanges off speed bumps.

Also found that the rubber on my motor mounts had delaminated so i am sure it was moving more than normal. Ordered a set from Summit, and NPD because i wanted to get them on saturday so i could get the motor in. The summits were made in Korea and the NPD in China. after comparing the two i chose to go with the Summit parts as they seemed to be a better finish.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts