Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Pontiac ever had a Ram Air option on a 326 engine option? I ran across a hood in my dads barn recently that I have had for quite a few years. After looking at it closer I noticed it has the open scoops and appears to be factory with the exception that there are no doors ( or valves ) in the scoops anymore. The very odd thing is that it has " 326 " emblems on the hood on each side of the scoops. It was on a 1970 GTO when I got it, just doesn't make sence to me why someone would intentionally put " 326 " on a GTO?

·
Registered
45 Posts
If I remember correctly. the 326 was discontinued after '67 the hood on a '70 GTO will fit a '68-'70 only. I would suspect that someone put the 326 badge on the hood, who knows why?????
The '68 and '69 GTO only had a 400 (6.5 litre, not 6.6 as is thought). The '70 GTO had a 400 or a 455.

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
:agree The last production year for the 326 was 1966. If you've got a '70 hood with 326 emblems on it then for certain those emblems were added - probably by someone who was trying to pass the car off as a sheep... :)

Bear

·
Registered
574 Posts
:agree The last production year for the 326 was 1966. If you've got a '70 hood with 326 emblems on it then for certain those emblems were added - probably by someone who was trying to pass the car off as a sheep... :)

Bear
I had a 67 lemans with a factory 326.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts