Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me where I can find the thermal vacuum switch from a lower air cleaner pan
The switch would be for a 1969 RA III

I believe it’s AC Delco part number 5486772
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
I got mine with the kit I bought to add the Ram Air system. If I recall correctly, I got my kit from Warpath (Warpath Restoration Parts). I already had a genuine original lower pan and only needed "the rest" of the parts. They were the only folks who were willing to sell me only what I needed and not force me to buy things that I didn't, so perhaps they'll do the same for you if you call them and talk to them.

Bear

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
The thermal switch in the base is the same as was used on single snorkel & dual snorkel Pontiac aircleaners of that era. The molded plastic is a blueish grey color, 2 ports with a spring steel retainer. Am moving original air cleaners over here this week, need a good original thermal switch, PM & let me know.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Al

thanks for calling .. great to hear from you again

here is the requested picture of a spare original on a mid june 69 air cleaner I have

thanks

Scott

needs a bath ... NO melting .. like carb back fires ... from a dry air cleaner base with no rust issues

1 - 4 of 4 Posts