Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Puddle is on the passenger side.

Immediately the check engine light kick on, engine was bogging so bad that I was steping on the gas to keep the idle up for a few seconds hoping that the symptoms would go away.

Underneath the hood the engine bay is dry.

Then I tried to turn it back on and the starter won't even try to turn the engine. Just dead.

Only thing that I can think of is my O2 sensor got dumped on with cold water and the thermo shock may have cracked the porcelin insulator.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
259 Posts
this reminds me of my 07 dodge Ram 2500 with a cummins. if you hit a deep pot hole or a curb, you could get the wiring harness caught in the fan blades :(

as far is the GTO, could have knocked a wire loose, or dropped a plug somewhere in there. give some gental tuggs on the various places where the wire loom goes just to make sure everything is connected still.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have the mechanic take a look at the CEL today.

I didn't think of the knock sensor. Where is that located?

I doubt hydro lock since the puddle was no more than 5 inches deep and there wasn't even a single drop of water near the intake or entire engine compartment.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any chance that I may have hydro locked my LS2 with the Lingenfelter CAI?

If so what are the symptoms?

The starter should at least make a noise/movement instead of just being dead right?

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I'll have the mechanic take a look at the CEL today.

I didn't think of the knock sensor. Where is that located?

I doubt hydro lock since the puddle was no more than 5 inches deep and there wasn't even a single drop of water near the intake or entire engine compartment.
Any chance that I may have hydro locked my LS2 with the Lingenfelter CAI?

If so what are the symptoms?

The starter should at least make a noise/movement instead of just being dead right?
I beleave the knock sensor is on the passenger side of the engine just above the starter. You hit the puddle on the passenger side the intake is on the driverside.

I would pull the spark plugs and rotate the engine. Maybe some fuses or wires got wet.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Local guy with a supercharged vette did the same thing and hydrolocked the motor, but Vettes intakes are real low. Good luck. Doesn't sound like 02s, if they got hurt the car would throw a CEL and run in default mode.
Aren't C5/C6 intakes over the radiator style? He must of ran into a lake :)

Since your starter isn't cranking, I would check fuses/relays first.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I beleave the knock sensor is on the passenger side of the engine just above the starter. You hit the puddle on the passenger side the intake is on the driverside.

I would pull the spark plugs and rotate the engine. Maybe some fuses or wires got wet.
Knock sensor portion makes sense now due to the location.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Turns out that my rear O2 sensor wire was rubbing up against the tranny mount from poor installation by the previous owner and the wires shorted out which blew a fuse.

Whatever fuse it blew will shut the ability for the GTO to start.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Aren't C5/C6 intakes over the radiator style? He must of ran into a lake :).
Yes, but they sit in front of the radiator and are real low in the car. I think he hit a lake, the supercharger acted like a water pump and filled the engine up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts