Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving to a movie theater and going over a hill where, at the crest of said hill, a dead deer was in the road and I couldn’t avoid hitting it (around 45 mph at the time) due to oncoming traffic in the other lane. So far the only visible damage is my bumper came disconnected from the passenger side a little.

I have been paranoid about something happening to the car, and I’m just hoping insurance doesn’t total it. Though my horn is sounding a little weird now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Have been through the same with daily drivers. Drive your GTO to the coin-op car wash. Take a floor jack with you. Wash any Bambi remnants out from under the front end of the car. Next, unless you have a really good friend or contact that owns a bodyshop, I've found it most affordable on the late model drivers to drive the car to one of the light duty body shops that specialize in removing/replacing, prepping & painting front or rear urethane bumper covers, late model fenders. The GTO front area will be inspected & repaired, typically quiick & very thorough. Also much more affordable than going through a full line body shop.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I lucked out, I got under the car after parking it to check the damage and other than a broken front bumper everything is fine, no broken or loose suspension components but I may need an A/C condenser possibly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts