Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I have been on a hunt for my late grandfathers 1970 LeMans sport (I know, not a GTO so why am i here???) I hired rareautolocators.com to see if they could find it, they did a pretty damn good job so far finding out where he bought it, the VIN, and other stuff like that. I also ordered a packet from Pontiac Historical Society that gave me a copy of the window sticker with original options.
2 door hardtop LeMans sport
2bbl 350 V8
3-speed HD manual, floor shifted
tach gauge cluster
rally wheels

From what I have found in my research, the 3 speed manual on the floor is almost non existant out there. If anyone know where I can get more information or has any ideas on how to better track down the car please email me at [email protected]. Thanks everyone
-Kyle

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well, I don't mean to burst your bubble but rare does not always equal desirable. I don't have an production numbers to back it up, but I can tell you that the 2bbl 350 was the low end V8 in the LeMans and the 3 speed manual was the base transmission. Is it a rare combo? Possibly. Is it desirable? Doubtful.

The reason you probably don't see a lot of 3 speeds out there is the same reason you don't see too many 2bbl or 350 cars still running around. The 350s have been replaced with a 400 or 455, the 2bbl went along with it in favor of a 4bbl and the 3 speed manual has either been replaced by a 4 speed or a TH400. Good luck in your search.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts