Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, first little glitch with the GTO.

Whenever I shut the drivers door, I hear something rattling around. Sounds like it's something small that fell down to the bottom near the rear of the door.

Any ideas? I hate to take this thing in and have someone start tearing it apart.

If it's something I can fix, I would actually rather do it myself.

·
Registered
491 Posts
noz34me said:
OK, first little glitch with the GTO.

Whenever I shut the drivers door, I hear something rattling around. Sounds like it's something small that fell down to the bottom near the rear of the door.

Any ideas? I hate to take this thing in and have someone start tearing it apart.

If it's something I can fix, I would actually rather do it myself.
Mine does the same thing. Maybe it's a problem that a dealer has come across before, and will be able to explain it. I just figure it's a piece of rivit or something, from when they mounted the motor, regulator etc...

Just thinking...might even be something like a linkage rod rattling in the guide; probably nothing that's actually broken tho'.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had a rattle in my '05 that I could not find until I opened my eyes. It was the little plastic door locking mechanism that goes up and down. It came loose from the metal screw it is attached to. When I would hit the unock button, it would go up so high that it would rattle. Mostly during accleration when I would hit a bump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.