Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cheers

Well I mentioned in the hobby thread that I love to read and I finish about a book a week, so I figured I would start a topic and tell you about some of the stuff I am reading, and you guys can do the same.

I just finishedShooter by Jack Coughlin today. It is a very good book about a Marine sniper in OIF (Op Iraqi Freedom). I would recommend it to anyone that likes military books.

I also just finished McCoys Marines by John Koopman this week as well. This is about a Marine unit (the same one that Jack Coughlin was in) in OIF. Another GREAT book.

In the last couple of weeks I have read Generation Kill by Evan Wright and One Bullet Away by Lt. Nathaniel Fick as well. Both books are about the same unit in OIF. Both are great books.

Also finished up Spare Parts by Buzz Wiliiams which is about a Marine Reservist in Gulf War 1. Another good book.

Right now I am in the middle of Panzer Aces 2 which is about German tank commanders in WWII. This is a good book as far as content but there are soooooo many spelling errors that it can get a little annoying. To think that this big of a book went through without proper edititing makes you wonder.

I also read a ton of magazines every month. I guess I just love to read. :cool

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
LOL I was just thinking, I should start an online library with all of the books that I have read. I usually keep them all, so it would be cool just to send them off to people that want to read them. The only problem is that I am too damn lazy to package them off, that **** takes time and effort that I don't have :rofl: :willy:

·
Registered
356 Posts
I like reading a lot too. My mom's a librarian so it's kind of a given. :lol:
I have a really cool bookshelf filled with diecast, I should take a picture later.
Anyways, my favorite authors are Douglas Adams, Chuck Palahaniuk, and Neil Peart. If I happen to find an Alan Dean Foster book, i'll pick it up soon. I also love reading Star Wars books and other sci-fi stuff. I just finished reading a book about Nautilus, the first nuclear powered submarine. It was written by Ed McNally, someone who actually served on the submarine itself. I picked it up at the Submarine Force Museum in Groton, Connecticut. Very cool book. Right now i'm reading Star Wars X-Wing book 4, the Episode 3 book, and America (The Book) by the Daily Show.

·
Registered
356 Posts
As promised:

Finished books on shelves 1 & 2. Books i'm reading on shelf 3.
Technical manuals/repair manuals/hi-po books on shelf 4.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts