Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Trips over 20 miles or so driving 70mph I can get upwards of 23mpg. My 10 mile interstate + 2 miles city each way commute has me coming in around 19mpg on average. I haven't got to yet but I'm hoping on a long trip (i have a 300 mile trip home for spring break coming up, Atlanta GA to Mt. Vernon KY) i might actually hit the 25mpg advertised. I have an '04 Torrid Red A4 w/ 15k miles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Stephen Hopkins said:
Trips over 20 miles or so driving 70mph I can get upwards of 23mpg. My 10 mile interstate + 2 miles city each way commute has me coming in around 19mpg on average. I haven't got to yet but I'm hoping on a long trip (i have a 300 mile trip home for spring break coming up, Atlanta GA to Mt. Vernon KY) i might actually hit the 25mpg advertised. I have an '04 Torrid Red A4 w/ 15k miles.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but your "advertised" is 16 city/21 highway. 23 mpg is pretty darn good. My DIC average is usually right at 20 mpg in my 04 A4, but I have a semi-custom RWTD tune (seemed to improve mileage by an average of 8%; 18.8 before and 20.2 after in similar driving conditions) and do mostly rural highway/interstate miles.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The advertised MPG for my 04/M6 is 17/29.

When driving like a responsible adult, I get 17-18 in mixed city/highway driving. It dips to 14-15 if I only drive back and forth to work for a while (3 miles one way).

On road trips, I can get 25 MPG with the AC on, 26-27 with the AC off.

Of course, if I'm driving like an adolescent, those numbers go way down. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have approx. a 40 mile commute one way to work and get around 21 - 23 mpg on the average including running my errands, going to the gym , grocery store, etc. I have gotten in the 25 mpg range on interstate trips driving 70+. I have a completely stock 6 speed and do have fun driving. Now as mentioned, the mpgs drop the crazier (or more fun) I drive.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I get about 15-16 city only, 18 mixed city-highway, and 23-35 highway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.