Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everyone. I have had one of those really bad days. :confused
My wife took my car to the store and the Goat started making a real bad noise and would'nt move. When the wrecker picked the car up I noticed that the drivers side axle was not connected to the third member. It looked like the bolts either sheared or came loose. Has anyone else run into this before? :confused

B

·
0 Posts
only 1 other person had this problem, and they were modified. I dont think any stock GTO has had this problem, til now.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think that it sheared the axle now that I have had time to think about. I had it towed to Steves place (aka Alan Young Pontiac) to get it looked at.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I went and looked at it... the bolts backed out, it's a t.s.b. for the 04's. We haven't got it in the shop yet to really look at it.

B

·
0 Posts
this may be a stupid question but..........why cant the owner just tighten the bolts back up?

B

·
0 Posts
ooooooooh, I thought they were just loose, not fallen out altogether! My bad...

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Verdict is in.....
L/R axle (screwed up the case, won't hold grease)
6 bolts
3 retainers
....not as bad as we thought, could have been worse.
Thanks, Dennis, for bringing you car to us, I know that we are on the other side of Ft. Worth and I really appreciate that! :cheers

B

·
0 Posts
so if someone were to upgrade the halfshafts and output shafts, would it take equally as long?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for your help Steve. If anyone is looking for a good reputable dealer in the Dallas Ft. Worth area, I would highly recommend Allen Young Pontiac GMC. I have been using them for a while now with my Envoy now with the GTO. See Donnie in service or Steve in parts. :party:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Toro Toro said:
Thanks for your help Steve. If anyone is looking for a good reputable dealer in the Dallas Ft. Worth area, I would highly recommend Allen Young Pontiac GMC. I have been using them for a while now with my Envoy now with the GTO. See Donnie in service or Steve in parts. :party:
Thanks again Dennis! And Big Mike, remember when I broke my rear stubs??? That was $900 my cost to fix (just parts....)! :eek:

B

·
0 Posts
For some reason, only you and Tom seem to be the ones carrying those parts.

Which reminds me, I am surprised nobody has done the driveshaft upgrade yet.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
big_mike said:
For some reason, only you and Tom seem to be the ones carrying those parts.

Which reminds me, I am surprised nobody has done the driveshaft upgrade yet.
Many people have, I stock two at any given time. :cheers

1 - 20 of 27 Posts