Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are wheel speed sensors for the ABS
Thanks svede1212. I just noticed them while i was checking the rear diff fluid. I just had a monster clutch installed and for some reason i get a small whining or winding sound now when Im accelerating from a stop or going fairly slow and then as I ease off the clutch and accelerate thats when I hear a brief winding sound. It sounds as if its coming from my tranny/clutch but cant really tell. I dont lose power or anything and the sound is only brief. Any suggestions....?

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Thanks svede1212. I just noticed them while i was checking the rear diff fluid. I just had a monster clutch installed and for some reason i get a small whining or winding sound now when Im accelerating from a stop or going fairly slow and then as I ease off the clutch and accelerate thats when I hear a brief winding sound. It sounds as if its coming from my tranny/clutch but cant really tell. I dont lose power or anything and the sound is only brief. Any suggestions....?
PM sent

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
thats transmission noise. it seems to get worse with a short shifter. i haven't found a way to quiten it down yet
Do you know the history of the rear ends? Do you know of the issues with oil viscosity break down in the rear causing the clutches to bind causing humming, clunking, and other noises? Too many people point to the transmission when the rear ends had issues from factory and were found to be the culprit of mysterious noises.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts