Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Am Currently At 470 Hp At The Crank Do The Math For The Rear Wheel, My Problem Is I Want To Purchase A Rear End Gear That Will Really Show The Hp Without Spinning The Tires Out Of Control.
I Am Not Sure What Stock Gear Is I Think Its In Low 3.00 Somewhere.
Or 3.46 I Did Purchase An A4 Because Of City Driving. Someone Please Recommend A Gear Ratio And Who Sells It!
Having A Hard Time Locating A Gear For Sale.........................

·
Registered
316 Posts
if you want to keep from spinning the rear wheels out of control you need a more positive differential. Limited slip is ok but a posi would make a much bigger difference in your case. I had a 71 cutlass that was just shy of 500hp and when I changed gears I went from LS to a Posi and the difference is profound. I use and highly recomend Auburn Gear Pro Series Differentials. LS and Posi Differentials are designed for a range of gears depending on what gear you go with you may have to change your diff. anyway. just my $0.02, but if it were my money and car I would go with the Auburn Gear. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.