Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a ten bolt for sale when going to pick it up what should I be looking for I figure count and visually inspect the gear anything else ? its not in the car but is supposed to be useable with a 355 gear.Whats a decent fair price on one of these ??? if its usable?

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
i found a ten bolt for sale when going to pick it up what should I be looking for I figure count and visually inspect the gear anything else ? its not in the car but is supposed to be useable with a 355 gear.Whats a decent fair price on one of these ??? if its usable?

It is a posi? Check the yoke area for signs of leakage and if the yoke will mate up to your drive shaft. I purchased a new Pontiac one for 900. Used ones I seen vary as high as 800.00 I seen at swap meets depending on condition. Before purchasing see if you are able to view the insides and look at the stampings on the gear for 3:55 verification. For me personally, unless I know the seller I am not too trusting on others selling items like this to just take their word.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts