Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a set of ADR 18”X9” 45 offset Wheels. I want to run 245 40s on front and 265 35s on rear. Tire calculator says will fit but when I look @ car just don’t see enough clearance on rear and don’t want to role fenders @ this time. Looks to me like stock 18s are 50 offset. I don’t want to buy tires that don’t fit, what do you think?
:confused

·
Registered
182 Posts
Holden said:
I just bought a set of ADR 18”X9” 45 offset Wheels. I want to run 145 40s on front and 165 35s on rear. Tire calculator says will fit but when I look @ car just don’t see enough clearance on rear and don’t want to role fenders @ this time. Looks to me like stock 18s are 50 offset. I don’t want to buy tires that don’t fit, what do you think?
You may want to check your post about those tire sizes again...lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
Going 245 in front is no problem. OE wheels for the GTO is +48mm (all 8" width). The 9" wheels for the back worry me. They will stick out more than other wheels. Going 265 on the rear may help, but they may still rub a slight amount. Most of the time if there is rubbing, it's only if you take off hard or corner hard. Get some sway bars to combat that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Couldn't you just put on stiffer springs in the back to help?? Also If I was to lower my car about an inch or inch and a half. What tire do you think I could run?

·
Registered
61 Posts
LS2 - Light SpeedX2 said:
Couldn't you just put on stiffer springs in the back to help?? Also If I was to lower my car about an inch or inch and a half. What tire do you think I could run?
You can run stiffer springs in the rear as well. Lowering springs will be stiffer, but you put the body that much closer to the tire. That increases the possibility & frequency of the rubbing. If you wanted to lower the car, do that first. This way, you know where the body will be & how much room you have to work with. I would say a P265/35R18 in back if you are afraid of rubbing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
clearance

I just bought a set of ADR 18”X9” 45 offset Wheels. I want to run 245 40s on front and 265 35s on rear. Tire calculator says will fit but when I look @ car just don’t see enough clearance on rear and don’t want to role fenders @ this time. Looks to me like stock 18s are 50 offset. I don’t want to buy tires that don’t fit, what do you think?
Just buy drag springs...i have that combo on my car...he clear fine....could have cleared 275's...I do have 9.5 on rear

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.