Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a Monaro GTO (on the web, of course) I found this car
2003 HSV GTO with the small lip spoiler above the rear window. Can I buy one of these somewhere???

BTW, anyone looking for wingless excuses or stripe excuses won't need either after seeing this. :cool
Monaro Monaro2

The subtle stripe in the body line on the side is a classy touch(IMHO). :cool

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GTO TOO said:
That's not an U.S. GTO. Look at the fuel cap location !!!!!
I knew that ;) , but I still would like the the little spoiler at the top of the back window. And, I'm glad I got striped. :cheers

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have the flat / matte black stripes on my Phantom Black goat.

I was thinking of flat black pinstripes in the usual location, but may go with that body line location.

my stripes do not go past top of rear deck lid.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey...do you have any pics of your car? I'd like to see the black w/flat black stripes. Might be something I'd like to look into... :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
lisatw151 said:
Hey...do you have any pics of your car? I'd like to see the black w/flat black stripes. Might be something I'd like to look into... :)
I do have some pics, and I'm a little embarassed to admit, I haven't learned how to upload and post to a forum :eek:

I can email from Kodak and know, so if you want to send me your email, mine is...

[email protected]

The stripes turned out better than I expected. I used 3M matte black weatherproof vinyl. same type that is used on signage.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey, I like the looks of that lil mini-spoiler too!

But in that pix, just in front of the rear wheel, there's "GTO" on the body (I like that too), but what's that kind of white spot just under it? Is it on the body, or under the body?

---Larry

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
westell said:
I do have some pics, and I'm a little embarassed to admit, I haven't learned how to upload and post to a forum :eek:

I can email from Kodak and know, so if you want to send me your email, mine is...

[email protected]

The stripes turned out better than I expected. I used 3M matte black weatherproof vinyl. same type that is used on signage.
westell,

Here is a thread with instructions on posting pics, I would like to see those as well.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
lambertgoat said:
that's the gayest thing i've ever seen.........looks like civic material to me!

Civic? No, not hardly. It does look very un-Pontiac-y, though...and that is a very good thing indeed.

BTW I have been in contact with a dealer in Oz who quoted me for replacing the lame Pontiac front fascia with that cool HSV GTO fascia. US$1500!!!! Gulp.

That money would be better spent on suspension/powertrain mods, IMHO.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
lambertgoat said:
well come on, it's you people talk about, oh oh oh i want my PONTIAC GTO to look just like a HOLDEN MONARO, yeah we get it, they're the same car big whoop, i'm just saying making your car into a monaro is like a honda with a type R sticker, if you haven't noticed, i hate that bull**** with a passion
Which makes it all the more fun to annoy you with what many of us happen to like. You get all wound up and forget to use stuff like, well, English.

BTW I'd looove a HSV GTO, but that whole shipping / U.S. certification / grey market car thing is sorta bothersome, y' know?

Besides, right-hand drive sorta makes passing a bitch.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Here's a link to Aussie distributor JHP Vehicle Enhancements. it looks like that cool rear window spoiler is a part of the HSV GTO body kit.

http://www.jhp.com.au/monaro-pontiac-gto.php

I've received the following from the sales guy at JHP when I recently pinged him about the HSV full body kit:

Hello Bob

Thanks for your enquiry

With the Australian HSV GTO front bumper you would need to change your headlamps to fit this bar facia, the cost for everything to do this is $1987 USD, the other option is the 2005 Monaro front (see attached photo) which can use your original head lamps, cost approx $981 USD.
The Holden trunk lid badge are approx $28 USD
Holden door sills with Holden badge is $145 USD
Holden steering wheel air bag with logo $235 USD
Shipping cost for the front bar facia, etc will be approx $270 USD, the other parts would be around $50-60 USD

regards

Geoff Thuring

JHP Vehicle Enhancements
Ph: +61 3 9877 0888
Fax: +61 3 9877 0878
Web Site: www.jhp.com.au
Big freaking bucks.

I'm going to emaiol him back, asking about the price of the window spoiler alone is.

·
Registered
107 Posts
bsmcall said:
L
BTW, anyone looking for wingless excuses or stripe excuses won't need either after seeing this. :cool
Monaro Monaro2
I could go either way on the stripes, but the lack of rear wing looks FANTASTIC!! I wish it were an American option, I'd definitely do a rear wing delete.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts