Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Reasonable GTO pricing

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Scott70 
#1 ·
Been looking into purchasing an 06 GTO for the past few months and have been holding out for as clean of one as i can get. Recently came across an automatic that only has 41k miles on it and is extremely clean with only 2 previous owners. However the dealership is asking for upwards of $18,000 and I'm not sure if that is a reasonable asking price or if they are trying to just get someone to fish high. NADA and Edmunds say the car is more so around $14,500, however KBB prices the car to be $16-19k.

Basically not sure if this car is worth that asking price or not, however it is as clean as can be with fairly low mileage and the only one within 100+ miles.

Any advice would be amazing before making this reach.

#3 ·
Not sure of the real value of this car. Sounds like you already did some homework. Perhaps, make a counter offer?? Get it as low as possible. I would then probably buy it. If this car is what you say it is and fits your criteria, then purchase it. It's the bird in the hand theory lol. Best wishes with whatever you decide, Nicholas.

#4 ·
I just purchased an 06/Auto with 68,000 on the clock for $12,000 but it has not been driven very much in the last few years and needs some TLC. I have been looking for a while also and seems like $14K to $16K is around what I saw. But like all of us car people if you are in love with it does the price really matter.

#5 ·
I am also currently looking to buy. My budget is 20k, but looking to grab one for 15k.

I've been watching several and I see that ones around 50k miles sell in the 17k range if they are in GOOD condition. Ones that need work you can get for 10-14k and with over 80k miles.

There are also ones that are PRISTINE with under 10k miles, I see them listed from 18-25k.

It's all what someone is willing to spend. I was watching one that was listed for sale for 18k, it had 50k miles and good shape. I was waiting for it to drop but someone bought it.

#6 ·
My two cents

I purchased a 2006 with 80,000 miles on it just a few days ago. It was a one owner car with
brand new tires. I paid $13,800. It is really in terrific condition inside and out.

Spent a lot of time looking and so many have been owned by 5-10 owners which is something
I was trying to avoid.

There is one in Texas with like 10,000 miles or so for $21,000. All black. It was nice, but out of
my range.

#7 ·
I just bought an 06 with 40k miles. It's pristine and was 16k from a private sale.

I feel that was a fair price. Could have gotten one a little more rough for 14k, and for 18k I had a guy ready to sell one with 13k miles on it. I chose the one I got because of the color mostly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.