Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of Holley carbs I'm rebuilding for a guy. I've tried to tell him they aren't what he needs but he wants them rebuilt and recolored....on the cheap.:rolleyes2:

Has anyone tried the Eastwood recoloring "paint" or any other method that will be fuel resistant. He just wants me to paint them and I just see the paint running off the first time a float sticks and gas runs down them. I just want to get them done and off my workbench. :leaving:

Car btw is a pro street '55 Nomad, chopped to hell, sitting on a tube chassis and powered by a blown 455 Olds of all things that he thinks will be a sick street car. :smilielol:

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Randy! :cheers

I'll update and post some pics when they are complete!

·
Registered
714 Posts
A buddy of mine just used one of the home kits when restoring his '64 Corvette. It did a good enough job that his car was just Duntov certified. In the Corvette world, it doesn't get any better than a Duntov cert.

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The eastwood carb renew works ok but it's not perfect. If your doing it on the ceap you can use wheel paint that is the gold color which will work almost as good as the eastwood paint & cost a lot less.
Yeah, if I was doing this the right way he'd have a set of 750's (at least) to use and I'd get them properly zinc-dichromate plated. But what he's planning on using as a pair of chrome plated and spray bombed 600's.......:banghead:.

I'm still trying to talk him out of them but he seems pretty committed so we'll see. His "engine guy" says they'll work fine. :thumbsup:

I just don't want to be around when it leans out and goes BOOM! :leaving:

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts