Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spent some time reading, maybe I missed a thread that discusses red line tires. I have a 70 survivor car, that I am presently working on. It had some really bad alum wheels on it when I got it. I found 15" rally wheels, sandblasted and repainted them.

Now I want to put red line tires on them, preferably with wider tires at the rear, and maybe stock size fronts. Can any of you guys suggest tire sizes that will fit without rolling the fender wells or doing anything crazy. I see Coker has them, and they seem to be pretty expensive. Are there any other sources for these tires?

Here are a few pics of what I have going on so far https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A15oqs3qYbEum

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yep, those were some fugly wheels it had on it! Welcome to the board. Diamond Back produces red lines in almost any size. They vulcanize a new sidewall on the tires, and they stay put. I've used their tires on motorcycles and cars, and they have been great.

Tire Catalog | Diamond Back Classic White Wall Tires - Vintage Tires - Redline & Redline Radial Tires for Antique and Classic Cars

You can pull up their online catalog or request one mailed to you. The 15" redlines start at page 5 and they have several styles of them up about page 17.

I am going to get some red lines for the 17" Pontiac Rallye look a likes on my GTO.

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
I put a pair of 235/70/15 Diamondback Silvertown redlines on my '65 GTO a few years back. If you want to see what they look like, pull up my old post "What I did today" and you can look at the pics. I am running 225/70/14's up front. Not sure of the clearance issues with a '70.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts