Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never want to "cheap out" when it comes to building a car, but am always open to less-expensive means to achieve effective results.

With that said, I see common application these days of Dynamat (did I get that name right?) for insulation and sound deadening on floorboards, firewall, etc.

Could this product, marketed by Reflectix and available at Home Depot for example, serve as a less-expensive alternative?

Insight, please?

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
There is a product available in the roofing department at Lowes that is called peel and seal, is very similar to the original Dynamat for around $15 a roll 8"x24' i believe. Butyl/asphalt sticky base with two layers of polymer and a foil top.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My friend's son used a product that he got on Ebay. It works the same as Dynamat for much less money. The kit even came with the roller and I think some other stuff for installation.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
A friend used Frost King from Lowes on his '67. $20 a roll and it took about a roll and a half to do the car....so $35 worth total. It worked out very well. The car is cool, and extremely tight and quiet, like a much more modern car. Dynamat is way overpriced for what it is, IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts