Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Guys FINALLY got the stroker back in the garage, gonna try and get it planted today. Been a while since i did this so i may need some info along the way. First thing is the motor mounts which side gets the T tang passenger or driver, could have swore i scratched it in them but cannot see my marks. next should i fill with oil and prime on the stand before dropping it?

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Don't know what a T tang is....slow today, I guess. I always install engines dry. And I install 'em with the oil filter off. Very easy to bang it up on the frame.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
if your refering to the '64-'74 V8 mounts exc. 455 , that one would be the left side or drivers side but you better make 100% sure first. rickm.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
found my markings you are correct Rick.....motor is bolted in got frustrated with the headers and called it a day, all thats left is installing manifold and hooking up electric....and the damn headers....GRRRRRRRRRRR. have to mock up dual quads tonight to see if i need to get the small HEI set-up also need to find a low profile waterneck and wait for the progressive linkage....should be back on the road next weekend.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
T-tang is the left side...incase the rubber gets pulled or breaks from massive amounts of torque!!!:rolleyes: Brian, try studding a couple of holes for the headers...especially the 4 th holes where the tight bend makes it hard to install a bolt.....works like a charm at my house! :cheers Eric

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok headers are in, accesories and fan bolted up. time to spike the dizzy, i want top dead center on 1 with both valves in the closed position for the compression stroke correct?

Heres mock-up of the duals, am gonna break it in with the single as i have to wait for my petronix and mill the water neck, also need to figure out how to shorten or link accelerator cable, any tips?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts