Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to point something out about this. Mainly to the newer members/owners who may not know. If you have the rattle, it should (for the most part) only be happening under pretty hard acceleration. Simply leave your hand on the shifter while accelerating, and the weight of your hand/arm keeps the shifter quiet. :cheers

·
Registered
307 Posts
fullarmor2 said:
I just wanted to point something out about this. Mainly to the newer members/owners who may not know. If you have the rattle, it should (for the most part) only be happening under pretty hard acceleration. Simply leave your hand on the shifter while accelerating, and the weight of your hand/arm keeps the shifter quiet. :cheers
Does the GMM Ripshifter fix this? I thought I might have had a shifter bolt loose or something on top the tranny that caused it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
raven1124 said:
The GMM makes more noise believe it or not. I put felt on the stop bolts to help quiet it down under WOT.
Im glad you posted this I was thinking of getting the GMM. I have Harrop Kit and shortened shift lever myself 1”. Would not want more noise on driver. GMM looks good thou.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Holden said:
Im glad you posted this I was thinking of getting the GMM. I have Harrop Kit and shortened shift lever myself 1”. Would not want more noise on driver. GMM looks good thou.
Oh, you're going to get more noise. The GMM is so much louder than stock. You can hear everything that's going on with your tranny. I'm still considering what to do on trying to quiet it down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.