Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
The price is finnaly getting resonable again here in Michigan
I paid 2.83 for Shells best yesterday, and they were advertising their cheapest for 2.54. Our govenor has been out checking the pumps for accuracy and caught a few Fast Track station pumps not putting a full gallon down in the tank and charging for a full one. I think this is a common thing these owners are doing to us. I think the government needs to do more random testing like this to keep these guys honest. :willy: :cheers

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hi Speed said:
The price is finally getting resonable again here in Michigan
I paid 2.83
for Shells best yesterday, and they were advertising their cheapest for 2.54. Our govenor has been out checking the pumps for accuracy and caught a few Fast Track station pumps not putting a full gallon down in the tank and charging for a full one. I think this is a common thing these owners are doing to us. I think the government needs to do more random testing like this to keep these guys honest. :willy: :cheers
The scariest statement of all. Its exactly what the BIG OIL wants you to say.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The current situation does suck. In the interest of maintaining perspective, however, a buddy of mine in England posted this in reaction to the above:

Ok, just did the math, at today's exchange rate, using an avg price of 95p/litre, we buy unleaded for $7.86/gallon.

While you US guys are using OMG and WTF, over here in the UK we're getting PWNED.
:rofl:

·
Registered
418 Posts
yeah but in the UK many drive cars that get 40-50mpg while most here drive 10-12mpg behemoth SUVs ,,at 4 times the gas milage they are actually paying less.. But dont tell the average american joe that he cause will start screaming its his god given right to blow half his salary on gas for his 6000lb landbarge so he can drive the biggest thing on the road..
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
170 Posts
HTRDLNCN said:
yeah but in the UK many drive cars that get 40-50mpg while most here drive 10-12mpg behemoth SUVs ,,at 4 times the gas milage they are actually paying less.. But dont tell the average american joe that he cause will start screaming its his god given right to blow half his salary on gas for his 6000lb landbarge so he can drive the biggest thing on the road..
:rolleyes:
40-50 mpg. Well, that number is blown up quite a bit. Although, in Europe they do drive cars alot smaller, cheaper, and uglier than we do here. Overall that is. Alot of that has to do with the lack of space, smaller parking spots, garages, etc. And they just don't have the $$ we do here in the US. As those that do have the bucks over there, well they drive SUVs and large sedans, sportscars just like we do here.

·
Registered
170 Posts
And another point to make about Europe is that they are still blowing alot of $$ on gas, even with their small little seats, fiats, focuses, etc. As gas is at least twice as much there.

·
Registered
531 Posts
e85

Noticed something odd today... E85 is actually the same price as regular gasoline. In fact at one name-brand station, it was actually .02 higher. What gives? I think something shadey is going on... Diesel is up, E85 is up... seems like they don't want us to get hooked on anything besides gasoline.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
The_Goat said:
E85 is actually the same price as regular gasoline. In fact at one name-brand station, it was actually .02 higher. What gives?
E85 is a crock. It's a LOT more expensive to produce than gasoline. In fact, it takes something like 1.5 gallons of energy to produce 1 gallon of that stuff. The only reason it sells for anything close to the pump price of gasoline is because of Federal government subsidies to the farm industry.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts