Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How many of you have seen one of these before??

If you have a copy of the book called " THE BIG Little GTO Book." by Albert Drake from 1982. You would have it on page 87 at least. After seeing it in the book the hunt was on!!

Had been looking for it 4 to 5 years with no luck. Finally I see a postcard show listed here in Wichita area. I go to it and start going around to all the booths asking about it.. One guy finally says yes I know what you are looking for.. But I don't carry it with me because it is a over sized card.

I was looking for a standard size 3 1/2 by 5 1/2 and this one was 5 1/2 by 8 1/2.. Now the 3 1/2 by 5 1/2 cards can be mailed at a postcard postage rate but this 5 1/2 by 8 1/2 card would need to be mailed at a 1st class postage rate..

Around 1992 the Post Office changed the size of the post card to 4" by 6" from the 3 1/2 by 5 1/2 size, guess 4 by 6 worked better in the new machines they were starting to use. These are still not as big as this three kinds of tigers card.

I was able to make a deal. And he send me one. You know these dealership cards had the names of the dealership printed on the back also. This one was from Majestic Pontiac, Los Angeles, California. If someone wants to see a pic of the back of the card too, Just ask.. Les:seeya::seeya:

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Very cool Les, as soon as i am done collecting parts i am going to make a display frame, let me know if to come across any 66' Tempest custom ads, there was one where they called it the "Little Tiger" i believe.

BTW i got that check out on Tues as we got snowed in Monday...thanks again

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Thanks for posting, Les. I have a copy of "The Big Little GTO Book"....heck, it's got a painting of my '65 on the cover!!!! I've had the book as long as the car...29 years. Interesting on the back pages how they were "restifying" these cars back then.....moonroofs, hood pins, etc. Totally different from today. Thank's again!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for posting, Les. I have a copy of "The Big Little GTO Book"....heck, it's got a painting of my '65 on the cover!!!! I've had the book as long as the car...29 years. Interesting on the back pages how they were "restifying" these cars back then.....moonroofs, hood pins, etc. Totally different from today. Thank's again!
Did a Google seach of Majestic Pontiac, Los Angeles looks like they are still in bussiness today with the Chief sign still up maybe???? Both Pontiac dealerships here in Wichita have taken the Pontiac off already!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Well know one is going to remember this one. But a favorite of my so wanted to share!! It is from 1940.. Top one is the original 3 1/2 by 5 1/2, bottom is 4 by 6 copy to meet todays PO regs & mail out to a few of my Pontiac friends. Found it at that postcard show. Just shows what can happen when going to something new and different!!:cheersEnjoy,.Les

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wonder where this GTO is today. Our Pontiac Dealership Byron Stout did this a few years running. As in 1965 also. One of our club members as found one of the 65's!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts