Pontiac GTO Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The final peices for the filter relocation. View attachment 156164
Let us know if you see any difference in your oil pressure.

I would also suggest adding a "kill switch" to the ignition so you can spin/prime the oiling system a few cranks of the engine before you fire it up. I plan on doing this with my set-up just to make sure I have oil in the lines/oil system prior to the engine firing up - especially if it sits for a bit. (y)

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
I will but I'm keeping this for a winter project so it might be a while, if I don't touch the gas pedal it will crank but not fire so I'll see if that will work. The filters are going where the bug juice tank is now, never have used it and might eliminate the hoses and squirters for a cleaner look.

·
Registered
1970 GTO / 400 / 4 speed
132 Posts
The filters are going where the bug juice tank is now, never have used it and might eliminate the hoses and squirters for a cleaner look.
You all don't have annual inspections that check this stuff? In MA they check everything annually and if it was there from the factory, it needs to still work. Wipers, washer fluid, hazards, seat belts etc.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Inspections, we don't need no stinking Inspections 😎
Same here in NC. After 25 years, no inspections. They figure if the car/truck is still running after 25 years, you must be taking care of it. Also, what do you do if you need a part no longer available - deny your registration? Most will just make sure all your safety items work, wipers, horn, lights, tires, etc.. They are not that nit-pickey. In SC, no emissions testing.

·
Registered
1970 GTO / 400 / 4 speed
132 Posts
We actually have video cameras in all the inspection bays and those live feed to monitored screens in a state office. So, while every inspection isn’t watched live, you never know if yours is the random one they are watching. Inspection places take no chances here because of this.

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
We actually have video cameras in all the inspection bays and those live feed to monitored screens in a state office. So, while every inspection isn’t watched live, you never know if yours is the random one they are watching. Inspection places take no chances here because of this.
Good gravy 🤦‍♂️ we got cars running around here missing their front clip. Who cares if your windshield squirters don't work, sounds like another fee grab.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts